Thread: Rod Vault

Default Rod Vault

Anybody use or know of somebody who has the Denver Rod Vault? I always prep my rods before I head up to the river/lake but I stuff them into my audi wagon and I know one of these times I'm gone to bust a tip.

Price doesn't seem bad and install easy.....

https://denveroutfitters.com/product...d-6-pre-order/

cdevine,
    Several of my friends have made tubes out of pvc pipe; rectangular notches are cut in one end
    to accommodate reels. If interested, PM me your email addy and I can send you a picture
    from my iphone. They work great!
    Best,
    Larry S
    Sun Diego

Thx Larry. I have to admit I was cursed with the poor craftsman skills.... ha ha.

Default Buyer beware!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdevine View Post
    Anybody use or know of somebody who has the Denver Rod Vault? I always prep my rods before I head up to the river/lake but I stuff them into my audi wagon and I know one of these times I'm gone to bust a tip.

Price doesn't seem bad and install easy.....

https://denveroutfitters.com/product...d-6-pre-order/
    I ordered a Rod Vault in May of 2016 on a kickstart sort of deal (much like that which you linked to). It was promised in the fall. After every excuse in the world and many non returned phone calls I asked for my money back in February 2017. I finally got a refund four months later. I will go on record as saying that Denver Outfitters is the least trustworthy group I've ever been involved with in a 40 year career in the fly fishing industry. Maybe that is my singular experience and they are wonderful people, but I wouldn't front them a nickel. Wait until the product actually appears on the shelves.

I think very few people seem to be interested in this rack or really need it.

We had one at the shop for some time and finally discounted it to get rid of it.

I think some guides who 'drive, walk and wade' use them.

Maybe for hole hopping on the Truckee River?

Bill Kiene

Certified FFF Casting Instructor
    Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I had to go to Reno yesterday and saw a truck on 80 with plates that read anglerr with what appeared to be this same type of holder.

It looked good but boy I gotta say more than anything it seemed like an engraved invite to thieves.

I have always wondered if these are coated or lined inside to stop the harsh internal slapping and rubbing going on while driving down a fire road or wheeling into some remote fishing areas? Aluminum rubbing usually leaves a dull gray buff mark on stuff.

I have had mine for awhile and love it. I use it like Bill mentioned hopping places on the upper Sac. I have not seen any abrasion marks on my rods. As for security concerns, it locks. Also, for added protection, I bought 4 padlocks with matching keys that locks the rack to the cross members.
    I like it a lot when I go to Trout Lake and slide my pram in, grab 3 Rodís and start fishing in a couple of minuets, catch a few fish, and then see my buddy make it out 30 minuets later after rigging his 3 rods and setting up his pontoon boat.
    Like All fishing equipment, some things are not for everybody, but I do like mine.
    One last thing, it will hold rods up to 10í and I believe they may be making custom longer tubes now for switch and Spey rods.
    If abrasion still is a concern, buy the long webbed nylon rod sleeves and put that on prior to sliding it in the rack.
    Last edited by Rockman; 01-24-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
    I have had mine for awhile and love it. I use it like Bill mentioned hopping places on the upper Sac. I have not seen any abrasion marks on my rods. As for security concerns, it locks. Also, for added protection, I bought 4 padlocks with matching keys that locks the rack to the cross members.
    I like it a lot when I go to Trout Lake and slide my pram in, grab 3 Rodís and start fishing in a couple of minuets, catch a few fish, and then see my buddy make it out 30 minuets later after rigging his 3 rods and setting up his pontoon boat.
    Like All fishing equipment, some things are not for everybody, but I do like mine.
    One last thing, it will hold rods up to 10í and I believe they may be making custom longer tubes now for switch and Spey rods.
    If abrasion still is a concern, buy the long webbed nylon rod sleeves and put that on prior to sliding it in the rack.
    IF time is precious, which it is for most squeezing in a fishing trip here and there, this product or a similar product seems like something that could provide additional time actually fishing and eliminate hesitation if you have the slightest thought of changing locations.

Definitely a tool for someone that lives near their home river and is fishes it often.......

It's hard to break down a rig in two and put it neatly away when there are indicators, weights, several flies attached, etc. Not so much, when dry fly fishing, of course.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 01-25-2018 at 10:36 AM.