Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Jeff's 2017 AR Shad Reports

Earle and I only got 12 on a mid-day float. Saw a ball of several hundred shad. They are staging to move out!

11 shad after work. Broke the 1100 mark! Only a handful of hardcore anglers still out trying. It's definitely on the downward slope.

I only got 5 after work and was suprised how busy it was. There were 8 anglers and two boats!

5 anglers and 3 boats last night. The boats were doing ok but it was dead for the wading anglers until the sun got off the water. Caught 8 in the last 45 minutes of light.

10 anglers and 2 boats last night. It was dead slow but I did get 5 in the last 30 minutes. All were small males or spawned out hens! I'm going to keep at it until I get skunked a few nights in a row but the run is about done in the upper river!

I don't think the lower river would have any shad left. Well besides the balls of down river shad heading back to the ocean. Striper and trout time. Oh also salmon
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Nothing mid-day yesterday and only 3 last night. A lot of anglers are calling it the end!
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 07-22-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Probably the last float for shad this year with Mike Folden who did good with clients last night. There was no one else fishing except for 4 gear guys. We got almost 20 to the boat so it wasn't a wash. If you want to catch a shad or two the first and last hour of light will be the ticket. If you go early you might run into gear guys trying for salmon. There's more showing up!

Tried for stripers during the day yesterday but did toss a shad fly in one stretch for nada. There was no one fishing except for Smitty who was trying for stripers also. Didn't try last night but will give it a shot this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Tried for stripers during the day yesterday but did toss a shad fly in one stretch for nada. There was no one fishing except for Smitty who was trying for stripers also. Didn't try last night but will give it a shot this evening.
    Thanks again Jeff for the daily/yearly shad report!
    We appreciate it. And hats off to you for getting so much time on the water.