Thread: Kern Water Bank....

Default Kern Water Bank....

Here's a link to a document about the Kern Water Bank:

http://www.kwb.org/store/files/37.pdf

If accurate, there's some good historical stuff in it. Not sure who produced it but the document looks to be an industry promotional thing.

OK,.... Here's a link to some history about the suit mentioned in the prior thread:

https://fresnoalliance.com/court-rul...rn-water-bank/
    Last edited by Darian; 03-13-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Not to be redundant...
    but here is a brief synopsis of the story about the Resnicks privatizing water and a link to the producer's take on it as well as info on the National Geographic documentary which airs tonight:

https://www.newsdeeply.com/water/com...-in-california

Default Water Deeply....

Good source of water related information such as, irrigation practices, current state legislation, vineyard/winery development in Napa County and much more. Thanks for sharing that website.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

WOW!

I initially read just the one article and interview...

After seeing your comment, I went back to the website and began scrolling downward...

I sure have a lot of reading to do now~

Thanks

Default Just to add some background....

to the thread, here's a link to an descrption of the situation by Sandridge Partners, a large grower/owner:

www.water.ca.gov/environmentalservices/docs/mntry.../Sandridge%20Partners.doc

Keep in mind that it was reported that Sandridge sold a portion of it's water rights to an out of state developer for 17 million dollars not long ago, guaranteeing their water supply for construction homes also out of state. As a line from the movie Body of Lies goes, "nobody's innocent in this shit."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    to the thread, here's a link to an descrption of the situation by Sandridge Partners, a large grower/owner:

www.water.ca.gov/environmentalservices/docs/mntry.../Sandridge%20Partners.doc

Keep in mind that it was reported that Sandridge sold a portion of it's water rights to an out of state developer for 17 million dollars not long ago, guaranteeing their water supply for construction homes also out of state. As a line from the movie Body of Lies goes, "nobody's innocent in this shit."
    Broken link? Me thinks DWR pulled the page........

Default ???

OK,.... The link takes you to the DWR website. I wasn't able to locate the document there either. I was able to bring it up by searching Google for Westside Mutual Water Company. About the third entry down is the following subject heading:

[DOC]Sandridge Partners - California Department of Water Resources

Select that heading and it will take you to the document. It's a pdf doc. Download and view.... Sorry for the roundabout trail....

Author unknown

You can't believe that this is all true but it is for the most part. Rubbing elbows and having to succumb to the business practices of these folks, they think they are doing the best for us poor folks in California. Just like our politician they know what's best for us. They are the ultimate politicains....the makers of policy. They are powerful and resourceful because they are and can. They are heavily invested in what they have allowed to get away with and have an empire to defend and rationalize from that perspective in its defense. They "bought" this portion of the state water project because it stalled and got gutted because of no peripheral canals being built and the funding from that thereof and that is another story of deceit from the mid 90's . It's not an easy issue to understand because they don't want you to understand and hire folks to smoke screen how they squeeze out the money and scheme to continue their empires. Anyhow read well my friends and the devil with laugh with you in how delightfully deceptive and greedy humans can get. The bad ones never admit they did something wrong.
    We recently sold our state water reserve to these entities for 40% of what we bought it for. Thought we were going to need it for a dry '17 summer here in Santa Barbara. With only and 8" line into our system from the Sate Water Project we never stored much and where using it as fast as we got it...saved us from dire consequences. The pressure to sell our "water" stored in Los Banos was immense as Los Banos filled and was about to spill what would be the water first to go over the spillway and hence become worthless. It will now be pumped over into to the San Joaquin basins. I love it when a plan comes together.... once again the suckers . Has los Banos spilled? well I think it did but maybe like it did not like all of sudden it started to balance at 99% ...imagine that somebody had a place to put water.

Default Observations Today....

Just returned along I-5 from SoCal today. Amazing amount of water from recent rains/snows on the ground in Angeles Nat'l and Los Padres Nat'l forests. In the southern San Joaquin, water is standing in previously plowed fields all around Buttonillow and the canals are all running full from Tracy south. Interesting what some heavy weather will do for us....

Author unknown