Thread: A friend of a friend reports, Verona, 4/22

Default A friend of a friend reports, Verona, 4/22

One of the fellows from work swung by my cubicle to report on his fishing for stripers at Verona, Sunday. He had some luck, but mentioned being entertained watching, "two guys in a small boat pounding Shad all day" ...

He had no idea what they were using, only able to confirm they were fly fishing.

This being a second-hand " .. I knew this fellow, that saw this guy ..." report, have a bit of caution versus abandoning job and spouse in a rush for the Feather.

We heard they are at the mouth of the American River so they should be at the mouth of the Feather River too.

Should be up river on the American very soon.

Flow is around 1,900 cfs right now....perfect for wading.

With the sun going down around 8:00pm we can fish after work again during the week now.
    Bill Kiene

Semi-retired in Davis, CA

530/753-5267

billkiene@kiene.com

Default what's your experience where they will be??

I have only two weekend to hit them in May and June. the weekend before memorial day and third week of June. Any thoughts base on your wisdom where they would be. I know around June they are at the Sailor Bar. Just wondering if they will be there before memorial day weekend.

Any info would be grateful. I tried two years in a row with high water flow and no luck.

Harrington river access is a sure bet, but the flows are going up to 5000cfs on the 24th of April. Not sure on how long they will keep it at that flow so it might be a high water year again for the time being? There is usually a line up of people there so that is something to consider.

Default Any updates for May?

On a good year, there might be fishable numbers at Verona now.

And I'm getting the shadaholic shakes!

Anyone have a more recent report?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckee View Post
    On a good year, there might be fishable numbers at Verona now.

And I'm getting the shadaholic shakes!

Anyone have a more recent report?
    Couple buddies fished verona for a sundowner last night, got two, but slow in their words.

Default Windy too

Was afraid of that . . . it can be tough until the migration really gets underway.

Plus, the forecast seems to say that Saturday will be be super-windy! Shadders may be sitting in some chop