Thread: Yuba blown out

Unhappy Yuba blown out

Unfortunately the Yuba River is not fishable at this time due to the recent rain storms. It s a river of brown water.

Default Yuba????

Any idea if we have good weather this week when it will be fishable? Friday? Need to go look at the American to see what kinda shape it's in......Really need to get out fishing.

You might call our shop and see if anyone there has a clue?

Open 7 days a week.

local 916/486-9958

Toll free 800/400-0359
    Bill Kiene

Certified FFF Casting Instructor
    Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Yuba Help

The flows on the Yuba are getting to the point where I would go check it out. Im not sure on the clarity of the water but with flows down to 3,700 and Deer Creek coming down I would guess theres about 2-3 feet of visibility. Not great flows for wading but definitely fishable in a drift boat. With more clear weather coming in the next couple of days it should be good by the weekend. But then again this is all coming from a guy who hasnt seen it. Im just going on my past knowledge. Go check it out and let the rest of us know. Hope this helps.
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

Default Lower Yuba Video shot 03/22/12

I shot this video today on the Lower Yuba at the Parks Bar Bridge and also at Hammon Grove. The river is bank to bank brown, with 6" clarity on the soft edges. With the current forecast we probably won't get much clarity before the next series of storms hit. The local creeks are still pumping mud.

http://flyfishingtraditions.blogspot...mucked-up.html

Big Kahuna

Default Thanks

I appreciate the video. Doesnt look good for a while if its that color now. Those fish are going to be hungry when it clears.
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!