Thread: Crowley Lake - Nice Browns! [PICTURES]

Default Crowley Lake - Nice Browns! [PICTURES]

Just wrote up this report, however, it was fishing from last weekend.
    Enjoy!
    http://californiafishingblog.blogspo...n-sierras.html

Nice looking pictures....thanks.
    Bill Kiene

Semi-retired in Davis, CA

530/753-5267

billkiene@kiene.com

Great pictures and great trip. thanks for sharing

The algae has pretty much cleared and the fishing has gotten alot better. Stripping still the best way however fishing into the holes in the weed beds have been holding alot of the bigger fish 18" and over.

You guys should try to come up one more time before the end of the season.

The weeds will be around until the closing and that is very rare for the end of the season. Should be a great closing few weeks.

Ernie

Awesome thread and write up. WOuld love to hear more.

IF the girlfriend is outta town a buddy and I may be doing a e. walker/crowley/hot creek weekend. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by catch&release View Post
    Great pictures and great trip. thanks for sharing

The algae has pretty much cleared and the fishing has gotten alot better. Stripping still the best way however fishing into the holes in the weed beds have been holding alot of the bigger fish 18" and over.

You guys should try to come up one more time before the end of the season.

The weeds will be around until the closing and that is very rare for the end of the season. Should be a great closing few weeks.

Ernie
    Ernie, sounds like you fish there quite a bit. We'll see if we can make it up one more time, might be a bit tough with this full time job haha

Quote Originally Posted by gangster View Post
    Awesome thread and write up. WOuld love to hear more.

IF the girlfriend is outta town a buddy and I may be doing a e. walker/crowley/hot creek weekend. Fingers crossed
    Hopefully you can go, let us know how you do! Take some pics!

Ryan, I have fished Crowley alot in the past ten years. Its a great lake and the size of the fish just keeps getting better and better. I will be up this weekend for three days. Will be camping out at greenbanks. If you see a Boston Whaler or an old green faded out Super Fat Cat, come over and say hello.

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by catch&release View Post
    Ryan, I have fished Crowley alot in the past ten years. Its a great lake and the size of the fish just keeps getting better and better. I will be up this weekend for three days. Will be camping out at greenbanks. If you see a Boston Whaler or an old green faded out Super Fat Cat, come over and say hello.

Ernie
    It would be fun to catch up someday, seems like you might know all the good secrets to the lake. I only fish up there 1 to a few times a year, I wish it was more. I won't be able to make it this weekend, I'll be in LA for a birthday. Keep us posted how you do. But if you ever do see me up there, look for me in my grey porta-bote or a green fat cat... I guess my true signature though is that white hat

I dig that first Crowley shot! Nice light and snow on the peaks behind!!

Looks like you found some nice brownies, too!! Crowley is such an incredible fishery, eh??
    "Ain't nothin' never just right to do what you wants to do when you wants to do it... So you best just go ahead and do it anyways." McManus

www.reelmammothadventures.com