Thread: American Sunday Evening

Default American Sunday Evening

Fished the American below the power line Sunday from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. (all I could manage), and fishing lived up to my low expectations. I had a few taps on a beadhead prince / fox's poopah combo and that's it. I saw a bunch of tricos or small olives (but nothing rising), a few midge clusters, and a caddis or two. No fish seen. There was one other fly fishermen who didn't appear to fare any better. Not sure if it was the time of day or the flows, but it was definitely worse than last year at this time (though last year I was fishing early mornings).

Hi

I was there working on my spey casting last weekend in the early am.. nothing big yet.. just dinks...i may head back up there this weekend..looks like i wont be making any trips north this year.. so the american will do.

Ah yes. The American and low expectations go hand in hand. When on the A, only expect to go fishing! . . . And hope your car doesn't get broken into
    FISH HARD OR GO HOME

Fished a run this sunday. Was pretty disgusted with all of the mono from the salmon snaggers hanging in the river. Pretty much got tangled on every other swing. Pulled a lot of big trebles out of the river, yuck.
    Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Mark Twain

Let's just say my car has a self defense system to it =)

I hear ya on the mono Aaron. I was fishing near Watt and got completely tangled in some thick 20lb+ mono. Wrapped all around my legs like spaghetti.

Ticked me off.

EO

I just hope flows get down to 3000 while the half-pounders are still in the system. Otherwise, I'll be amortizing switch rod expenses over an embarrassingly small number of trips.

Here's a photo from Sunday of the island on the Carmichael side -- looking upriver at the bottom of the island. A little high, less fishable water than at 3000.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American Oct-9.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	3712