Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rio MOW short sink-tips coming soon

Default Good News. I was afraid the MOWs might have been Vapor Ware

I have been a fan/user of Rio lines since I got back into fly fishing about 14 years ago. Since then I have purchased over 2 dozen one and two handed Rio Lines and have about a dozen Spey/two handed lines I use on a regular basis.

However, the actual MOW release has reminded me of the so called Vapor Ware releases with computers and programs in the past decade.

Rio did not do a good job of informing their shops and end users about the MOW's actual status!

Maybe, those of us who have pre ordered could meet someone from Kiene's with our orders at Watt Ave on Thursday or Friday, if the MOWs are in to start using the MOWS.

Thanks
    Dave

Are the MOW tips instock & ready to go without pre-order now?

And a question regarding the kit, do the 6 tips come in a wallet?

Thanks,

Mike

There are 6 tips in a zippered mesh wallet for $149.95

Everything is slower in this economy but we should have them soon.
    Bill Kiene

Semi-retired in Davis, CA

530/753-5267

billkiene@kiene.com

We have all the individual MOW tips in stock now but we are still waiting for the full sets.
    Bill Kiene

530/753-5267

billkiene@kiene.com

We keep a good supply of the individual MOW tips and full MOW kits in stock all the time.

For all Skagit style fishing they are the top choice.....

http://speyshop.kiene.com/riomowtips.aspx

**Although we still sell lots of the Rio 15' tips, they are too long to balance with the short Skagit heads.
    Bill Kiene

530/753-5267

billkiene@kiene.com

Default MOW system is MONEY!

Each and every rod ever produced works best with a certain length of head and grain weight. For most anglers, ten feet of tip is perfect, so you just choose the appropriate head length to fit your rod length... The MOW tips allow everyone to fish a river in its different moods (February versus late October) with the same length of line, once the angler determines what length he/she can comfortably cast.
    One system does NOT adequately meet all conditions- I carry two rods- a 7/8 and 8/9 with Medium T-11 and Heavy T14 sets and am able to fish everyplace steelhead live in northern B.C. (Disclaimer: sometimes I fish a full floating line with a long leader to "connect" in small coastal streams on a switch or single hand rod...)

Don

Default MOW are the money and make life simple

I have a set of the intermediate MOW tips, and they work great for the Death Star or basically any sturdy rod I have like my Z7110/7136.

Instead of a lot of tips factory and custom sliced ones, in the winter, I just carry the MOW wallet and some appropriate tippet spools.

If I can't get deep enough with the MOW intermediate tips, I probably shouldn't be fishing because the water is too high/fast and dangerous.

Like Don's posted, they are like money.

I would like to see studies done in moving water comparing the Intermediate to the heavier T14 MOW's. I have the feeling both work about the same.
    Last edited by Grampa Spey; 04-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.